About Teaching at Canterbury
The Canterbury Episcopal School is a college preparatory day school enrolling 235 boys and girls in PK through grade 12. In its brief history, Canterbury has distinguished itself as one of the top independent day schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Enticements include:
- Faculty of 35 caring, professional women and men who have been educated throughout the U.S. and in several foreign countries.
- Active and supportive Parent Organization.
- Diverse community where 40-50% of students (depending on grade level) are people of color.
- Students who attend a variety of the most competitive colleges and universities across the nation.
- Thirty-six acre wooded campus in DeSoto, a Dallas suburb.
Students at The Canterbury Episcopal School are distinguished by their ability to do challenging academic work while engaging in rich extracurricular activities in the arts and athletics. Canterbury emphasizes art and music in all three divisions, and offers competitive athletic opportunities for students in the Middle and Upper Schools. Middle and Upper School students engage in a variety of community service projects, and an Honor Code is in effect in the Upper and Middle Schools. The Canterbury community emphasizes character: honesty, responsibility, respect, and kindness.